The How to Use a Dictionary online course includes the basics of how to use and understand words and symbols found in dictionaries and is suitable for any student with a fourth grade reading level or above.
This course is self-paced and supervised by a certified Applied Scholastics Instructor who will review all course assignments and ensure that each student understands and can apply the data in the course. The instructor is available for any questions or help needed at any time during the course.
Upon completing the course, students will know how to:
- Identify and name different parts of speech.
- Understand and use punctuation marks correctly.
- Use guide words to easily find words in the dictionary.
- Use a pronunciation key and pronounce words correctly.
- Use a dictionary to properly define words and understand what those words mean.
Course length: 15-20 hours